Moving doesn't have to be a difficult process, that's why TriState Moving and Storage is here, we make the moving process simple and easy for you.
Review our moving tips below for some useful move related reminders.
- Make are sure all entryways, doorways, porches and driveways are clear
- Remove potted plants, doormats, low-hanging items and rugs
- If you live in a building with elevators, be sure to notify the management in advance that you will need use of the elevators
- Be sure to set aside a box or travel bag of personal items that you will need immediately in your new home. Take this with you when you travel
- At least one person should be present during the loading process. Drivers and other personnel may have questions or need access that only you can provide
- Label your boxes if you're packing yourself
- All electronics should be unplugged and disassembled before the movers get there
- Your driver will present you with a bill of lading - a record of all your possessions that have been packed. Be sure to go over these documents carefully before signing them. Keep them with your other important papers in a briefcase or other carrier
- Finally, relax! TriState is here to make the moving process worry free!